The Liebster Award
You guys! How cool is it that I was nominated for the Liebster Award earlier this week! Thanks Amber at Life and Marketing for nominating me! Be sure to check out her lovely blog here.
The Liebster Award is given to new bloggers from other new bloggers. It’s a way to get our blogs out there and share the love! Here are the rules:
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has asked you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask them 11 other questions
- Let them know that you’ve nominated them
- Be sure to link up with the blogger who nominated you!
So let’s get right to it shall we?
11 random facts about me:
- I actually went through 3 majors in college. I started out as a Biology major, switched to Kinesiology, and finished as a Anthropology major with a Sociology minor.
- I was on the bowling team throughout high school (we were state champs several years running too!)
- Was also in marching band throughout high school and college (band nerd for life)
- I have 4 pets – 2 dogs and 2 cats. You might’ve seen them if you follow me on Instagram
- My fiancé and I met in high school (through band actually), and we’ve been together now for almost 8 years and engaged for almost 2!
- I attended graduate school in Scotland and have my MSc in Anatomy and Advanced Forensic Anthropology
- I read like crazy
- Pizza and sushi are my favorite foods. I could literally eat just that forever and be content
- Moscow Mules are my drink of choice
- My favorite color is purple, but my house is decorated in my second favorite – blue
- I love to garden, but my dogs are flower murderers so I stick to container gardening
My answers to the 11 questions:
1. If you can choose three superpowers, what would they be?
Man, three is kind of a lot. But I saw this one on tumblr and thought “YES.” – the power to refill things. Hear me out – Are you out of gas? Refill it. No money in your account? Refill it. No fries left in the container? Refill it. Pretty cool if you ask me. Being able to teleport myself around would also be pretty cool – I wouldn’t have to drive again! And being telekinetic – that would be pretty fun to mess with people haha.
2. For one week, all of your obligations will be taken care of by others. What would you do with all that free time?
3. What are you excited to work on next?
I’m actually really excited to start another house flipping project – after weeks without any prospects, we think we found a few promising ones!
4. What tv/book/movie/song universe do you wish you could visit in real life? (ex. Harry Potter universe, Inkheart universe, etc)
Happy Potter. Obviously. But Mad Men would also be cool to experience – just to see how things looked back then!
5 .What have you improved on the most?
My independence and being an adult? I’ve always been fairly independent, but over the past few years I’ve noticed I’m even more so – especially after moving abroad by myself for a year. I do more projects around the house, I’m getting my finances together, I like to do things myself, etc.
6. What do you like the most about blogging?
I really like that it serves as a creative outlet for me – plus it’s fun sharing my thoughts/advice/etc. about stuff!
7. What do you like the least about blogging?
The amount of time/work it takes. While I knew it would be a lot going in, it’s proved to be a little more than I originally thought. Which is fine unless I have a hectic week or decide to travel!
8. Which canceled t.v. show would you bring back?
I honestly haven’t watched any shows that have been cancelled so….
9. What is something that you feel everyone should try at least once?
Any authentic Cajun food dish?
10. You can send a message to either your future or past self. When you send the message, your past or future self know that you’re the real deal. The message can only be a minute long which is close to 110 words. What message would you send and would you send it to your past self or future self?
Past self – Don’t take that calculus course your first semester – take trig. instead. You will end up failing and changing you entire life plan. Go easy your first year. Take it slow. It’s ok if you take an extra semester to get it done.
11. What would the perfect society look like to you?
Well for starters, we would all get along and act like decent human beings regardless of our personal/religious opinions. That would solve about 90% of all of our issues today. It would also be great if people weren’t greedy, didn’t do back-door deals, and could easily compromise.
Who I Nominate:
- Katie at Millennial on the Move
- Sophia at The Sofieyah Diaries
- Mary at Easily Inspired
- Kate at 11 Shades of Pink
- Hanna at Hopeful Hanna
- Theresa at Primetime Chaos
- Leslie at Kind of Adulting
- Prerana at Broadcloth
- Daynna at A Daynna Life
- Erika at Entirely Erika
- Kaitlynn at Pearl Innovations
Questions for the nominees:
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What is your least favorite thing about blogging?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- What’s your favorite food?
- Are you a cat person or a dog person?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
- What’s your favorite way to relax?
- What tv show are you currently watching?
- What advice would you give to new bloggers?
And that does it. Thanks again Amber for nominating me! Be sure to check out her lovely blog Life and Marketing!
Have any questions? Comment below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!