Seriously everyone. Where do my days keep going? It seems like just last week I was writing my April Updates and May Goals post. But now June is here and I have so many exciting things coming up – weddings, family finish trips, anniversaries – oh my! And I can’t wait to share them all, so stay tuned!
Also – this will be my last monthly updates/goals post, unless of course you’re one of my subscribers! I’ll be sending out these future posts straight to them and no where else, so if you love them subscribe below.
Now on to the fun part! Let’s compare stats first shall we?
- 3,878 page views
- 13 new posts
- Top 5 Posts:
- 4,043 page views
- 12 new posts (including this one)
- Top 5 Posts:
Thankfully my views for the month picked back up, which is amazing considering how much social media group stuff I cut out. I will say that I have a lot less new users than usual. I think this is for several reasons:
- My promoting has done through the same Facebook groups since Day 1. Eventually there won’t be the same amount of new users as there were at the beginning, which means I need to change up my methods. I splurged on Tailwind late last week and joined another 4 or 5 group boards on Pinterest, and I already see a little pick-up in my new user count.
- Which brings me to my second point. I was only slightly surprised to see that the most of my new users come from Pinterest, but even more surprised that the users who come from Instagram stay around on the site much longer than anyone else. So for the next month I’ll be focusing on those two platforms. Tailwind for Pinterest, and working to curate my Instagram a bit more. My profile is currently pretty random, so I’ll be working to make it brighter and still keep everything colorful.
But what about my goals for the month? Let’s check in:
- Actually finish that real estate course and exam – Nope!
- Get real estate license – Also nope!
- Find a client to buy/sell a house! (and make that $$$) – Obvs. nope!
- Find flip house #2 (and write a post about it) – Still working on finding one
- Write posts in advance – Done
- Gain social media followers. My current numbers:
- Get some gardening done around the house + veggie garden planted – Done and wrote posts about it!
- Re-organize my desk – Sort-of
- Work on making money from my affiliate programs – Done
Despite taking that week off not too long ago, I still haven’t managed to finish. Figures my admin work would get crazy busy the same week I decide to take a little bogging vacay. I did make a little progress, but I NEED to get it done this month. Wish me luck!
Still working on finding flip house #2, so fingers crossed we find another soon! I can’t wait to write about it and share with you all because I honestly loved doing it so much the first time.
I did manage to have most of my posts written prior to the day they were published, which was pretty great. It was much easier to deal with the day-of in terms of promoting, which I also scheduled ahead where I could. This gave me so much more time in the mornings to do other things so I’ll definitely keep that going for June.
I managed to increase my followers on all platforms, which I’m super happy with! I really didn’t do too much other than pushing Instagram, but the past few days I started following a ton of people on twitter who follow other blogs in the same niche, and I’ve been getting a ton of return follows. I guess that means I’ll have to work on my tweets as well for June to keep it up and stay active!
You saw my raised flower bed posts, so obviously that was done. I still need to fully re-organize my desk, but I did manage to tidy up and bit and clear off some clutter. I’ll probably have a post about that this month!
I did manage to bring in a tiny bit from my affiliate programs this month – I actually made a whopping $30 from Amazon! Which is both exciting and infuriating. A lot of work went into getting only $30, so while I’m happy I finally got paid something, I’m mad that it wasn’t equivalent to the amount of work I put in. I started looking into doing sponsored posts instead of relying on affiliate sales, so there’s some promise there – especially when I can pick and choose which brands and products to write about. But because it isn’t guaranteed there will always be something, I splurged on my first blogging course – BossPitch. It’s highly recommended by several bloggers I trust, and after hearing Erica answer questions about it I was in. It starts Monday and I honestly can’t wait!
But moving on, here’s what I want to accomplish for June:
- Finish that real estate course (for real this time)! + take exam
- Keep writing posts in advance
- Find flip house #2!
- Keep gaining social media followers across all platforms
- Focus on Pinterest/Instagram/Twitter
- Re-organize my desk
- Don’t get a sunburn on the family fishing trip (trust me, this is a serious goal since I’m pale AF)
- Finish the BossPitch course!
- Land a sponsored post
Another lengthy list, I know, but I’m hoping I get everything done!
So what are your goals for June? Did you meet your goals for May?
Comment below or email me at email@example.com!