April Updates & May Goals
How has another month already flown by? It seems like just last week I was writing my March Updates and April Goals post. By cheers to another month everyone! Here’s how April went!
Let’s compare stats first shall we?
- 4,642 page views
- 14 new posts
- Top 5 Posts:
- 3,870 page views (as of late Sunday night)
- 13 new posts (including this one)
- Top 5 Posts:
As you may have noticed, my views are a bit lower this month. This is due to two reasons (I think anyway!):
- I don’t participate in as many social media group threads as I did the month before. Why? Well, for starters I didn’t have the time to reciprocate back. Secondly, I wanted my views to be authentic rather than puffed up traffic by viewers who don’t actually care. So I only participate in threads with other bloggers in my niche, or where there is a choice on which post to comment on/like/share/etc.
- I was a bit of a bad blogger the week before last. I missed a post on Friday and the following Monday because I was busy with my trip in New Orleans. I also wasn’t very active on social media or promoting my posts during the weekend in between, so my views plummeted. I usually get around 150 views/post day, and a combined number of 150 view over the weekend. So that’s a possible 450 views I missed out on in just those few days!
Taking that into account, you can see why my views are a bit lower for April compared to March, but I’m still really happy with them. Despite cutting out a big chunk of social media threads, I’m still getting amazing views. I can’t wait to see what May brings!
But what about my goals for the month? Let’s check in:
- Finish real estate coursework (actually finish it!) – Almost Done
- Schedule real estate exam – Nope.
- Join more affiliate programs – Done!
- Start my new Adulting series – Done!
- Stay on top of posts! – Mostly Done
- Work on calendar/checklist printables to send to subscribers – Done!
I’m almost done with my real estate course – my vacation took a bit more of my time than I anticipated. I only have a few sections left, and should actually finish it up either this week or next! After than I can take my exam!
I did join manage to join a few more affiliate programs. I was already an Amazon affiliate, which was fine, but it can look/feel a bit spammy at times. So I wanted to expand my affiliate portfolio so-to-speak.
One being CJ Affiliates where I can choose the brands I work with. I went with them because this is the platform Stitch Fix is on, which you might have noticed when you read my Stitch Fix Review post earlier this month. If you read my March Updates and April Goals post, then you know I don’t want to be one of those bloggers pushing every product they can just to make a buck. Any product or service I recommend to you is one I actually use myself and love. Thankfully with CJ Affiliates, I have the ability to chose which brands to work with, and they make it pretty easy to apply/get links/etc.
I also joined ShareASale (shareasale.com), which I hear about from my fellow bloggers. I also went with them because one of my favorite online stores – ModCloth – is with them. I’m actually planning a few posts this month with some of their links which I’m pretty excited about! They do have a ton of brands you can work with as well, which is great if you want to pick your brands like me. (Join the ModCloth affiliate program.)
You also may have notices I started my Adulting Series earlier this month. While they haven’t been my most popular, I think they are still important to have. Especially if you’re a struggling millennial like me. I started off easy, but just wait until I get into more complicated things like cooking and laundry! I have more posts planned in the future, just less often, so be sure to stay tuned.
Aside from those two posts I missed, only one of which I didn’t make up, I stayed pretty on top of posting regularly. I do need to work harder at writing my posts in advance instead of the day-of though, but that’s a bit harder for me.
If you’re one of my subscribers, then at the beginning of the month you received an April calendar printable, and some meal planning worksheets. I hope you enjoyed them!
I have quite a busy next few months – between family trips (which I can’t wait to share with you all!), graduations and weddings to attend, I’ll be quite the busy bee! But here’s what I want to accomplish for May:
- Actually finish that real estate course and exam
- Get real estate license
- Find a client to buy/sell a house! (and make that $$$)
- Find flip house #2 (and write a post about it)
- Write posts in advance
- Gain social media followers. My current numbers:
- Get some gardening done around the house + veggie garden planted
- Re-organize my desk
- Work on making money from my affiliate programs
Quite the list, I know. But I’m confident I’ll get most, if not all, of it done. Wish me luck!
But what are your goals for May? Did you meet your goals for April? I’ll love to know.
Comment below or email me at email@example.com!